Claygate Martial Arts Centre, 162 Hare Lane, Claygate, Surrey, KT10 ORD.
The traditional martial art of Kuk Sool Won™ is relatively unknown in the UK but is so much more than just another martial art. Kuk Sool Won™ is a complete martial arts system with a fundamental focus on self-discipline and respect.
As a martial arts system, Kuk Sool Won™ covers the entire spectrum of the traditional Asian fighting arts and techniques for body conditioning, as well as mental development and traditional weapons training. Essentially, if you combine the skills of Aikido with Judo throwing principles and Jiu-Jitsu locking and joint breaking techniques. Add the mastery of Kobudo weaponry together with the devastating kicks of Taekwondo and mix with Karate hand strikes and the falling acrobatics of Shaoling. Then you might have something which begins to resemble the fantastic Korean Art of Kuk Sool Won™.
Kuk Sool Won™ is not a sport; tournaments and competitions are not compulsory until achieving Black Belt Candidate status, but are available to those wishing to compete. Kuk Sool Won™ is predominantly dedicated to the cultivation of mental growth, physical health and traditional Korean martial arts training. The name Kuk Sool Won™ literally translates to National (Korean) Martial Arts Association and encompasses over fifty different Korean styles taken from three primary cultural sub-groups: Family Martial Arts, Buddhist Martial Arts & Royal Court Martial Arts. Kuk Sool Won™ offers a perspective and curriculum of martial arts that is not available anywhere else.
* Overall stretching and flexibility training.
* Cardiovascular conditioning.
* Muscle toning.
* Ligament and tendon strengthening.
* Joint flexibility and bone conditioning.
* Closed and open hand striking methods: including palm, fist, wrist, finger striking, and specialized hand training techniques.
* Pressure point striking.
* Striking with arm and shoulder.
* Blocking and parrying.
* Fundamental kicks.
* Spinning kicks.
* Jumping kicks.
* Combination kicks.
* Speciality kicking.
* Restraining methods.
* Joint breaking techniques.
* Combination joint locking.
* Control and redirection techniques.
* Arresting and pain-compliance techniques.
* Body conditioning and agility techniques.
* Body protection techniques.
* Acrobatics for defense and offense.
* Body throws.
* Projection throws.
* Leg throws.
* Pressure point grappling.
* Grappling defense.
* Wrestling techniques.
* Ground fighting.
* Sword: short & long, single or double, straight or inverted.
* Staff: short, middle & long, single or double.
* Jointed Staff (flail): double or triple.
* Bow & Arrow.
* Various breath control techniques.
* Meditation and breathing postures.
* Concentration techniques.
"Practicing Kuk Sool Won™ has been more than just a journey of physical development, it has helped to develop self-confidence, discipline, and best of all a place to meet some amazing new friends!"
JKN Phil Barton (1st Degree Black Belt)
Please contact Chief Instructor James Barker on 07973 173892 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are inspired to have a go yourself at a FREE TASTER SESSION!
Good luck in your journey to Black Belt and beyond – enjoy the adventure!
Claygate Martial Arts Centre
162 Hare Lane
South Bookham SPACE